Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Week Two

The babies are growing fast! At 9 days, they've nearly tripled in size. At first, this was surprising, and then I realized all they do is eat and sleep. And they've been doing both (especially the former) a lot. And I take back everything I said about them being soft at 3 days old. Their down is super fluffy and almost as soft as rabbit fur now.

Best of all, they've started recognizing my voice. When I bring them their greens, I call out to them while I'm approaching their house. It's amazing to hear their little feet scrambling over the bedding and rustling toward the feeding door.

Sitting Pretty


Look at their long legs! They got so big we relocated them to the Duckmahal.
You can see their nest boxes at the back of the picture. There are three heat lamps to keep them toasty.
Did I mention they like to eat? And be hand-fed?
NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM (check out that open beak!)
"Nu-uh, I'm taller than you. Seeee?"

being shy
Nap time.
Then repeat the cycle again. And again. And a few hundred times more for good measure to have an idea of what day-to-day life looks like for these little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your own experience to share? We are all on some sort of journey, and we'd love to hear yours!