Monday, April 16, 2012

Week Four End/Week Five Beginning



Well, the "babies" are 28 days old and heading into their fifth week of life. Which means they are really not babies at all. "Teenagers" would be the more appropriate description.


They've got feathers coming in and down coming out.

 They're moody.

Obsessed with going with the crowd.

They like to try new things (like swimming) and then freak out after realizing what they've done (this involves running around the yard screeching and sending everyone else into chaos).

Their voices are changing. You think I am exaggerating, anthropomorphising these little beasts. I'm not. We've got a pen full of squeakers and cheepers and even the occasional quacker. Dare I say I heard a honk on Sunday?

Everybody look left!
Everybody look right!
Everywhere you look I'm--
Standing Spotlight!
It's amazing to watch something you have taken from a few days old progress so rapidly. The Khaki Campbells. Oh! the Khaki Campbells. I am certain our little flip cam doesn't do their red-brown bodies justice.

hunting.
Edgar. AKA Brave and/or Blind Duck
The Pekins are fast-replacing their yellow feathers for a pure white so hallmark of the breed.

SIT! WADDLE! QUACK! CHEEP! CHEEP!
Do you have food for me? Or me? Or  me?
Sassy. Ginormous. Light-beaked. This is Alice.
Mr. Bee and I will be posting more pictures and videos throughout this week. Check back often and take a moment to watch the growing life around you--whatever it may be. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your own experience to share? We are all on some sort of journey, and we'd love to hear yours!